Tuesday 24 June 2014

Wimbledon University


Last Monday we went on a trip to Wimbledon College of Art which is part UAL. The courses they offer including:-
  • Painting
  • Sculpture
  • Print
  • Costume Design
  • Set Design
  • Technical Arts and Special Effects

Although I'm not particularly interested in studying any of these courses, it was interesting to look around and see the work of students.

I especially enjoyed seeing their sketchbooks and the way they researched and developped their ideas and then into final pieces.



I thought the quality of the work was fairly high for most of the courses, I thought that some of the work was quite cramped and it felt like not all of the students had the space they needed to display their work effectively, especially in sculpture.



Displaying image.jpeg



Displaying image.jpeg


Displaying image.jpegI thought the special effects section was amazing, everything was so realistic and if I wanted to do this course I would definitely want to apply to wimbledon.
Displaying image.jpeg

Displaying image.jpeg

1 comment: